Monday, March 24, 2014

10 weeks until I leave Australia again!


Yesterday marked the end of my 'week off from being motivated' and as much as I think it was needed and I enjoyed being slack- thank god that's over! I am ready to be motivated again! I think that my week off came just at the right time because for the next 10 weeks I need to be MEGA motivated... and that is because.... I AM GOING TO FRANCE ON THE 6th JUNE!!!!! I am so excited for this. I am meeting up with my French lover (haha) and we are driving to Spain! 
While I am unspeakably thrilled about this little trip, I also have a lot to sort out before then in terms of studying, saving money, working hard at my new job and trying to be as fit and healthy as possible before I leave!!!! It is a lot to focus on, but what is more motivating than three weeks in France/Spain with a very cute Frenchman? Not a lot, I'm vouching. 
So even though I had a 'week off,' I actually still went for a few walks and runs in the past few days, as well as a gym session with Alex and a Mt Lofty climb with Beth- all with France and Spain in mind!


Semaphore has been particularly beautiful on sunny days of late. Even though there has been some rain and it is getting colder now, we have still been getting some sun...


The walk from Semaphore to Largs Bay has little gym stations along the way. I have to admit I never use them, but I like them because they promote exercise... maybe I will give them a go. The view sure beats that of any other gym!



Beth and I did Lofty on Saturday morning, since we were supposed to do it the week before but it was raining. It was a nice day this time!

Crunchy gum leaves :)

The past week has not been a terrible one for my diet, but it definitely has not been the best. I didn't overeat but I didn't eat as healthy as I normally do- and I can really notice it. My skin hates it when I eat any processed food or sugar, and my tummy hates bread!!! I think that a lot of people get confused about what it is to be 'healthy.' Some say to eat low fat foods, some say to stick to a certain amount of calories, some say to exercise before breakfast, while others recommend working out at night- it is all very conflicting advice that has always driven me crazy. I think I have finally got to the point where I don't listen to everything that people tell me, and instead decide what I think works for me. Since I have stuck up a few photos of Spain at my desk to motivate me to finish my homework before June, I thought I would put up (yet another) list of things to keep me on track health-wise. 

A list of all the things that work for me (but maybe not for everybody else...)
I also want to start seriously focusing on crossing some items off of the Adelaide list I made up! I have some camping plans for this weekend and I have already ticked off one item (if you can guess what it is from the pic below!) but I will write about that in my next post.....

Soph on her way to tick off an item of my 'Adelaide to-do-list' with me!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel. I already told you I love your blog but I'll say it again :) I'm super into healthy eating, fitness art and travel as well so I love basically everything you post about. Keep it up :) - Kaitlin from writing and text workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks love! Very lovely of you to have a read :) Glad you enjoy it! See you thursday :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete