This week has been a strange one for me, but not an unfamiliar one. It has just been one of those weeks where I have lost almost all of my motivation to be healthy or work out... but (and I can't believe I am saying this) for the first time, I am not bothered by my missing motivation. I used to get really upset about these kinds of weeks- I think because I always put so much effort into my health and fitness that when I do have an 'off week,' I am too hard on myself about it. But this time I made a conscious decision to use this time to focus on other things. Exercise and eating healthy are usually at the very top of my priorities list, but I have to remember I have other aspirations too!
At the moment I am in the midst of starting a new term at uni, starting a new job and basically organising my life for the next year or so. I have still been walking or running most mornings and eating pretty well, but not like I usually do.
So... what is a girl to do?
EMBRACE IT!
These times of fatigue and lack of motivation are few and far between, so I am just accepting it and using the time to focus on other things...
![]() |
| 'Ideas' |
...Like art! Well, not entirely. One of my subjects this semester is Creative Writing and as part of one of my main assignments, I have to keep a 'workbook' where I record all the ideas and considerations that I have for the story I am to produce at the end of the semester. The workbook can include anything- photos, art, recipes, poems- anything that inspires! This is awesome for me, because one of my aims at the start of this year was to get back into art and being creative- and this way I am doing that while also getting my homework done! What a good girl I am!
![]() |
| Dress prints! |
![]() |
| 'Missing someone' |
I really like the idea for my story assignment so far (not to mention all the drawing I have been doing to come up with it!). So far it revolves around a man who is in love with a mannequin from a clothing store that looks a lot like his late wife. I promise nothing weird or sexual will go on between the man and said mannequin! Basically it is just a story about the intense feeling of missing someone desperately.
![]() |
| The story is set in the 1940's...just, you know, because I can! It has been fun drawing lots of 1940's dresses and mannequin styles |
I have also been getting mega creative in the kitchen- and have pretty much dubbed myself 'The Queen of Pesto.' I have been trying all different combinations to go with salads, on bread and in zucchini pasta- which I have become obsessed with, also.
![]() |
| MEET BRUCE! My friend Jess just got him and he is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Such a beautiful little man... for now! He is going to be a big boy! |
![]() |
![]() |
| Beth's backyard... just about as Australian as you can get! I absolutely adore where she lives...apart from the fact that it is an hours drive from me! |
On the weekend I also went to Beth's house. We were originally going to do Mt Lofty, but it was raining. Thank god, because I was feeling a little bit seedy after my first night out drinking since being back in Adelaide the night before!
![]() |
| Mt Lofty or not, we decided that we still deserved a home cooked brekky! Followed closely by movies and chocolate. See? I am really embracing my time off from being healthy- haha! |
I thought I would finish with a photo of myself and Han from last weekend. It wasn't the original plan, but I did end up going to the last night of the Fringe Festival, and I am glad I did because I got to spend time with my lovely ladies again- including the beautiful Han! Even though it was hard, I am glad I spent some time away from my friends last year because it has made me appreciate them being around me more than ever. It is nice to have them close by. When my motivation goes out the window, I am glad I have other priorities, such as spending time with my lovely friends, to focus on.
xx










No comments:
Post a Comment