Sunday, March 2, 2014

'To-Do-List-Writing-Housewives' and the Adelaide Fringe Festival


For someone who has no job (yet!) I have been keeping myself very busy in the past week! Ok, I will admit that I am a chronic 'to-do-list' writer, and find myself putting slightly less urgent items on these lists...such as 'google new recipe ideas' or 'search for flight deals.' But I promise that most of them are productive- like 'apply for jobs' and 'apply for MORE jobs!' I actually had a very positive interview last week, and I am waiting to hear back from them this week- fingers crossed!
Anyway, besides putting big satisfying crosses through items on my to-do-lists, I have also been busy enjoying Adelaide- my goal of doing so was again achieved this week! Starting with going to the Garden of Unearthly Delights at the Fringe Festival!



I went to see a comedy show with my friend Alex, as we went a few years ago on Valentines Day when we were both single (yes we went out and faced all the lovey-dovey couples!) and ended up having a really good time. We even joked that we had wasted a perfectly good date on each other- but obviously this didn't bother us too much because we have decided to make it our Fringe Festival tradition!
We saw Dave Hughes, who was very funny in a mega-Australian way! We also saw another show but I can't remember the name of it- all I know is it had one VERY short comedian and one very tall comedian, and was well worth the $5 ticket! 


Afterwards, we walked around and enjoyed what I think is the best thing about the Garden of Unearthly Delights- the atmosphere. It was a beautiful night with perfect weather and good vibes. We had dinner after the shows, too, and I got mine from this spectacular vegetarian vendor disguised as a pirate ship! I had a marinated tofu salad which was HUGE and really yummy. Why can't I ever cook tofu that tastes as good as that? New item for to-do-list: master the art of cooking tofu...





Polka-dot dress, giant tofu salad, cute shoes and a spot on the grass... just missing one thing...

RED WINE. Fringe date complete

One of the things I love about the Garden is the huge amount of detail that goes into creating that
other-worldy type feeling you get while walking through it. Spot lights of all different colours were shining up into the gum trees, which reminded me in a pretty way that I was in Australia, and not some magical European Festival.


I only had the one glass of red though, because the next morning it was time for Mount Lofty again- this time with my friend Ida and on a much clearer day!

There is my beloved city of Adelaide in the distance there... it seems so tiny from this view!


The morning was perfect- a sunny day but we left early enough that it was not too hot. Once again the smell of the gum trees excited me. It was nice to do it with Ida, too, because it reminded us of when she first arrived in Adelaide from Sweden and I took her on her first climb of Mount Lofty!



Lofty was followed by a yummy breakfast and a cooking day! I made zucchini pasta (no pasta involved, just zucchini strips doing a VERY good job of pretending to be fettuccine!) tossed through some of my homemade pesto, served along side some chickpea and tuna patties.


I also took some of my pesto along to a picnic at Henley Beach. I went with my friend Caitlin (also known as Carrot). We were supposed to go to Hahndorf, but I had a job interview in the afternoon, so we decided to stay more local. It was very nice anyway- we had cold rolls, pesto with vegetable sticks and fruit with homemade sugar-free Nutella (another product of one of my lists). It was fun chatting with Carrot, someone I missed very much while I was away. But I will admit our picnic was a short-lived one because it was sooooo hot out in that sun!


Henley Beach looking very sexy here

The last thing I will mention on this post (sorry it has been a long one!) is my bike ride with my neighbour and gorgeous friend Gabby! We grabbed our bikes and Gabby's GoPro camera and cruised through our local hood in the most perfect of bike riding conditions! 




We also went to a local food market and bought some fresh veggies and fruit- so much green in this picture! I know where I will be buying my green smoothie ingredients from now on!


I have a few other things to write about, but I think I will wait until my next post- hopefully I will have a job soon and be able to post about something other than my current list-writing, housewife ways! I hope everyone has a good week!


xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment