Sunday, March 16, 2014

A rare alignment of two travellers...


STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW....! And see what happens when Rachel Darling and Gabi Winding are in Adelaide AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! It sounds like I am overreacting, but this is a rare event! Between me living in the Gold Coast and then spending eight months away on exchange and Gabi living in Malaysia, the US and who knows where else- we hardly ever get to enjoy the fact that we are actually neighbours! It turns out that while we are both residing in our beloved area of Semaphore, we have lots of adventures together! We are both big fans of outdoorsy fun and healthy packed picnics- team that with a GoPro camera and I've got something well worth blogging about! Since this rare moment in time is going to be short lived (Gabi is going to work at Sea next month) we are trying to cram in as many little adventures as possible! These pics are from last weekend when we took our bikes up to the Mount Crawford Forrest....

Even though it wasn't sunny, the sky looked crazy cool that day! It always looked like rain was about to come, but thankfully it never did and we were spared a muddy doom...



This is where we sat for our picnic! It was sooooo quiet and a little bit eerie..

GREETINGS! From the GoProGals!


It didn't feel like we were in Australia while we were exploring this place- it felt more like we
were in America or Canada..

This tree stump was just MADE for holding up our GoPro...and Gabi is clearly pleased with this.

Zucchini-pesto pasta, veggie-quinoa bites, fruit salad and green beans made a healthy little picnic.

Action shot of me shovelling food into my mouth



The GoPro may be Gabi's, but I can get creative with my camera too, ok!? My trusty iPhone camera took this one! I really should learn how to use a real camera... but at the moment it is just too far down the list of things I want to learn...

Mt Crawford forrest was a fun little adventure full of fur trees and gravelly roads. It was fun getting around on our bikes and it meant that we saw more in less time... especially after I figured out that I could change my gears... But we didn't even see nearly half of it! I really want to get back there and see some more of that strange place! 


No comments:

Post a Comment