Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My last week as a jobless person!



I am really happy that Adelaide weather is agreeing with the banner pictured above, because I need an extended summer after my time in the UK! It has not been REALLY hot (Adelaide was the hottest city in the world for a few days last year!) but it has been just...kinda perfect! Especially while I was unemployed, which by the way, I am not anymore! Yay! I started work on Tuesday as a receptionist at a Physiotherapy office, and I am really liking it so far. But as keen as I am to start working and making those dollar bills, I am glad I made the most of my time as a jobless person!

My packed lunch for my first day at work!
Some veggie and quinoa bites made by my gorgeous friend Gabi, asparagus sticks and some of my homemade sun dried tomato pesto- even more amazing than the basil pesto. Yep, I said it.



Last week I went back to the central markets with my Mum- again! I just love it there, and I can't really explain exactly why. I think it inspires me to cook and gives me ideas about different health foods- especially my favourite store there, Goodies and Grains. This store is awesome because it is a health food store that stocks everything loose- which usually means you pay less and get exactly the amount you need. There is a huge range of everything from vegan, vegetarian, organic, gluten-free- you name it! I get such a nerdy high from measuring out loose ingredients, and don't get me started on the smell of that store- sooooo delicious!

I love the black and white tiles- a feature that will definitely be a part of my own house
one day, whenever that is!

Getting some raw Cacao powder for my homemade sugar-free Nutella!


My cute little Mum, pulling along our shopping cart!

Salt and Pepper Eggplant with a Pork and Tofu hotpot! *insert Homer Simpson drooling sound here*

After we had got our market fix, Mum and I went and had an early dinner to celebrate my new employment. While sitting at dinner I also got some other good news about a blogging opportunity I applied for...but I will write more about that if things work out!

Gorgeous Mt Lofty sunrise

The next morning, it was time to work off that dinner on Mt Lofty- again! I'm sorry I have been repeating myself a bit in this blog- but don't worry I am working on new ideas for how to be a tourist in my own state- see the bottom of this post!

The top was covered by a cloud, making the trees look a bit eerie in the mist!


Mt lofty was a big challenge this time actually, because I did it on my own! Usually I have a sidekick with me, but this time it was a solo mission. I liked listening to my music, but this is one of the few forms of exercise that I would much rather do with someone else. Nothing like having an in-depth convo with someone between heaving breaths of exertion! Anyway, it was still fun and a great workout as usual. My thighs and butt where killing me for dayyyysssss!


I tried to make this green smoothie look presentable... not so sure it worked this time!

Despite my sore butt, I still knew it was necessary to head to the Fringe Festival that night! I am glad I did now, too, because this weekend is the last time the Fringe Festival will bless our city for a whole other year! Very sad, especially since I am being a tight-ass this weekend and can't afford to go...


I wish I had a full length photo of this dress. It was my outfit of choice for my last Fringe outing and I really love it. I have had it for a couple of years now and I always get a kick out of wearing it- another bargain for under $10 at an op shop somewhere. It is a weird length, so I tie it up on the side with a hair tie, but I think I might alter it on the sewing machine soon- another project to get started on!


We went to the Royal Croquet Club, which is a giant temporary bar/entertainment area running during the Fringe. It has a 5000 person capacity so we didn't have to line up for long, which is always a big plus in my books. I went with Soph, Ash and Ida and we all just had a couple of drinks and enjoyed the atmosphere. I didn't stay late because I wasn't drinking, so it wasn't a big night for me. But the twinkling party lights and kooky design of the Croquet Club made for a pretty and illuminated excuse to get out of the house!


Ok last thing for this post- just because I am really excited about it. I mentioned before that I am trying to be a tourist in my own state. Whenever I visit another city, I always have a list of the few things I really want to see (no surprise there is a list involved) so I wrote one for South Australia! 


My To-Do-List for South Australia

One of my aims when first writing this blog was to start being creative again, which I will admit is the one area I have been pretty slack in! So I started by making my list look puurrrddiieeee! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment