Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sunshine in Adelaide and a roadtrip to Western Victoria


Well the sun finally came out in Adelaide...for one day. It may have been short lived- but I was happy to only work until 2.00 that day! I needed a dose of Vitamin D!!! I went for a walk from my house to Largs Bay- a walk I do nearly every day when the weather is warmer, but hardly ever (and if I do it is rarely enjoyed) in the winter. Because of the cold, I have been sticking to swimming and yoga for exercise, so it was refreshing to breathe in natural air instead of the rubbery smell of my yoga mat or the chlorine of the pool.


 The walk put me in such a good mood...it could have been the fresh air or the Vitamin D, or maybe it was just the feeling of stepping outside without feeling utterly irate towards the elements! 

I can't wait to sit here and watch the sunset with a certain someone... (I'm so romantic aren't I?)
But...as I said, it was short lived. And even if it wasn't, I wouldn't have experienced any more of it because after that splendid sunny day, I went to Victoria with my family for the weekend. We drove the nine hours to my Grandparents town of Bacchus Marsh- Mum and Dad in the front, Matt and I in the back. Just like the old days. It was funny to think about the territorial fights my brother and I used to have- 'MUUMMMM- Matt's leg is on MY side!!!!' Or the classic 'Are we therrreeee yeetttttt????'
There was none of that this time...but some old traditions still lived on- Dad always has Clinkers (I swear he is the only person I know who likes those chocolates) and we stopped for lunch in Horsham, one of the towns we usually stop in for a feed.


We stayed in a motel for the first couple of nights, and then in a cabin at a caravan park for the last night. It is funny, when I was younger I always found Bacchus Marsh to be really boring, but since I have visited in more recent years, I have appreciated that it is actually a quaint, buzzing little country town


We had breakfast at this awesome cafe one morning- after eating lots of chocolate and processed stuff on the drive over, I was craving something a bit healthier. This muesli was sooo yummy- I want to make some like it! It had macadamia nuts, which were the stars of the dish!

Hepburn Springs

We also went on a day trip to Daylesford. I had never heard of it before, but Mum told me it is a really trendy 'spa town' due to all the Hepburn natural mineral springs nearby. We went and walked down the main street, had a totally healthy lunch of baked goods...and by healthy I mean extremely fat and sugar-filled, and by baked goods I mean a veggie pie and a custard tart...I have no regrets. 


Dad and Mum trying the natural springs



It was a nice little get away for the Darlings. I got to see my Grandparents and my family who I have not seen in over a year due to being away overseas. I did eat a lot of crap- but whatever, I applied my 'I-don't-care-I'm-on-holidays' rule, plus I am starting a 28 Day Hot Yoga Challenge next week! So of course I will be going on a little health-kick with that!


It was a long drive, and I got to see my family as well as some new sights. And, if nothing else, we got some updated classic family travel shots. We are dorks :)


2 comments:

  1. Not dorks just a sign that you are maturing and it is no longer embarrassing to spend time with your family. A lifetime of memories for you to keep. I love clinkers it must be a 1956 thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Grandy! Yes it must be! I mean, I don't MIND clinkers, but they are not my first choice haha! Must catch up soon! xx

      Delete