Monday, May 12, 2014

Sail away, sail away, sail away!


...Yes I totally just used an Enya song for the title of this post. And yes, I do love her. No arguments about that. But it is also a fitting post title because I have been feeling very nautical lately! The print shown above is what makes up a skirt that was given to me by the same friend that gave me the yellow vintage glove set from my last post. The outfit she gave me was actually a two-piece, but the top is a little bit small for me due to the...um, assets. But the skirt is very wearable and I do adore it! I think the little sailing boats are cute and I like the dotted clouds. The colour of the fabric is really different as well- it looks more blue in the photo but it is actually more of an olive colour- one of my favourites!


This outfit is completely made up of donations! Thank you to Rose for the sailing boat skirt, and thanks to Soph for the hand-me-down sparrow jumper! I think they go well together and I like that there is a non-typical nautical feel about it!

The earrings were also donated- thanks to Beth's Mum for those little treasures!
I have also got back into my vintage hair styles. After a few lurks of some of my favourite vintage bloggers, I was feeling all inspired and so put in a pin-curl set and threw in a victory roll for good measure. Not very sailor-esque, but it does keep the hair out of my face, which is refreshing for me! All this focus on sailing boats and pretty hair reminded me of Gabi- because she has both of those things! I won't see her for a while because she has gone away to work, but before she left we had the best time! She took me sailing a few times, which I just realised I forgot to blog about (as if I forgot something as cool as that!? Especially because sailing was an item on my South Australian to-do-list!). Of course, the GoPro Gals were at it again with some very snazzy shots... all courtesy of Gabi's camera!







I miss Gabi now she is gone! She is my little adventure buddy! But she has gone on a very exciting solo adventure now, and (being the neighbours that we are) I will see her when she gets back for some more outdoorsy fun!


But it seems that even without my much-missed Gabi, I still managed to get out onto the water lately! On Sunday it was Mother's Day, but also my cousin's birthday and she had a party on the Port River Dolphin Cruise.


The universe granted us a perfect day for cruising about the Port River. I was really excited to do this because I hadn't done it since I was a little kid. Plus, exploring the Port was another thing that I wanted to do- I have to organise some time to explore it more by foot! There is a lot of history around that area, not to mention the quirky little shops and cafes...



I was expecting to see one, maybe two dolphins, and so I was totally surprised and pleased at how many we saw. I am not sure if we picked a lucky day or the dolphins were out to enjoy the good weather as much as we were, but we saw quite a few!


A couple of ciders and lots of dolphin sightings, surrounded by family... perfect way to spend a sunny Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Your outfit and hair were fantastic. The weather great. Nice to see you and spend time with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandy :) and nice to spend time with you as always! :) xxx

      Delete