Yep, it is official- at this time in exactly two weeks I will be on a plane touching down in Paris, in a very anxious, nervous and excited state knowing that I am only minutes away from seeing a boy that I have missed so much for so many months. Because I have been so excited to see him, I have barely even thought about the travel side of things- like the fact that I am going to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time, or the road trip to Spain that we have planned. But now that it is so close, I have started to prepare for all that. I think that being healthy and fit is so important for travelling- especially if you have a GIANT backpack like I did on my last trip! I will have a suitcase this time (phew!) but I still want to be fit and feel healthy. When I am away, I think the most handy thing to have is clear skin. This way, I don't have to worry too much about makeup when I spontaneously decide to go for a swim or end up doing something strenuous. For this reason, I have been really focused on my skin lately.
I have a green smoothie everyday, not just because I like them, but because they give me clear skin. All the greens are full of fiber and nutrients (especially when they come from Mum's garden!) and whenever I don't have one for a few days I notice the difference in my complexion.
This tea by Pukka was recommended to me by Soph. It is a peppermint tea with added nettle and dandelion, which are both really good for digestion as well as keeping the skin clear. I have been drinking it for a couple of weeks now and I am liking the results. Not only does it settle my stomach, but it also seems to keep pimples away! Plus it is a really nice tasting tea (unlike some health teas that taste like mowed grass steeped in boiling water).
![]() |
| Please excuse my paleness- unfortunately I still have to rely on makeup if I want to have any colour in my complexion! But at least it is clear! |
But the winner of all my skin remedies has to be the Hot Yoga. I have always said that this kind of yoga does wonders for my skin, and this time round I have found the same results. It is not so much about it creating clear skin, it is more about the texture and complexion. After a Hot Yoga session my skin feels really plump. A couple of hours later it always has a nice glow about it that I have never got from any skin products.
Buuuuuutttttt..... I am not always so kind to my skin! Especially when there are chocolate treats about! But hey- yoga also teaches balance in life, which is always my ultimate goal! The chocolates above are from a date I went on with Beth a couple of weeks ago. We always go to Bracegirdles (the BEST chocolate I have tasted in life so far!) for our little dates. But there is also a new chocolate shop in Rundle Mall called Koko Black... good chocolate and I like their slogan!
Since being back at yoga I have been able to run again! I have always suffered from really tight and sore calves, which is such a shame because I love to run. Before starting hot yoga I could only run for about 10 minutes before my calves would feel like they were about to explode, and for the rest of my run I would be in pain. But now I am running about 8km without any pain whatsoever! Perfect timing, because I want to look and feel as fit as possible before I have to wear that bikini in Spain! Eeeek!
I leave two weeks before my Uni semester ends, so I have less time to hand in all my assignments. It has created a little bit of pressure for me, but nothing I can't handle. I actually really look forward to Thursdays because I spend the whole day studying and doing assignments in the sunshine...
Just before I went on my big trip last year, Mum and I went to my favourite Adelaide cafe- Horner and Pratt. It seems to have been the start of a travel tradition because we also went there yesterday (I am going to be so busy leading up to the day I leave, so we had to get a little lunch date in!) As usual, I got the Halloumi and Tabouleh wrap with side salads.... To.Die.For! Hands down my favourite Lunch in Adelaide! Mum and I had a very pleasant time eating our lunch and watching the world go by from the cafe's upstairs window (and the parking inspector giving out about 10 parking fines!). I think we will have to continue this tradition and go back to Horner and Pratt before Mum leaves for Hawaii later this year!
There are no words that I could punch out on this keyboard to describe my excitement for this trip coming up. I can't believe it is only two weeks away now... I see it this way- 14 more green smoothies and I will be on that plane! Woo!!
:)








No comments:
Post a Comment