Let me start by saying- that was the busiest weekend I have had in a while! I didn't get a single hour of granny time in! How ghastly! Usually I would hate that, but it was all so much fun that I didn't even mind! It started on Friday night when I threw a surprise party for my good friend and neighbour who has been away living in Canada. I was so happy with how it turned out- the surprise worked perfectly and I think he was genuinely in shock! Mwahahaha- my plans exactly.
The next day, in contrast, I had a going away party for another good friend and neighbour! It is strange how that worked out!
THEN...the best part of the weekend happened...I got to dress up as my beauty and style icon- Marilyn Monroe!
I was pretty proud of how it all turned out- especially my hair. I actually loved wearing it like that! Even though it was a costume, I felt pretty glamorous and feminine all night and it reminded me of why I love the 1940's era so much.
The costume was for an American-themed 21st birthday party and I can safely say that no one disappointed when it came to costumes! We had a 'hooters waitress' as well as Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta from Pulp Fiction. I could hardly look at these guys all night- they had me in hysterics. Can I just mention that the two men in this photo are actually my gorgeous friends Sophie and Hannah (who usually look like beautiful, feminine women, but pulled off being men soooo well!) Proud moment for us all.
| Pulp Fiction! NAILED IT! |
We all had a lot of fun playing out all the gimmicks of our characters and taking photos. I could not find a vent to stand over, so a spinning photo had to suffice! I like that the photo is blurry, because it means I look more like her! Haha!
Unfortunately, I got into my Marilyn character a little too well- and by that I mean that I drank a lot of champagne (it was her favourite you know!? I am reading her biography at the moment!) But that was not a good enough excuse for Mr. Hang-over the next morning... but nothing a meal of bacon and eggs out in the fresh air couldn't fix...kind of...
There was no time to be hung over on Sunday, because little miss hung over Marilyn had a festival to attend! My little amigo, Hannah, is learning Indonesian at Uni and has a lot to do with the Indonesian cultural stuff that goes on in Adelaide. I have been to Indofest a couple of times now, and this Sunday was as interesting as it always is- with a lovely sunny day to go with it!
While the cultural performances and Indonesian stalls were interesting, Soph and I were mostly interested in the Indonesian food there was to be devoured!
The loud music and drumming from the festival was getting a little bit much for our sleepy heads, so Soph and I wandered over to this pretty lake to have a milkshake. I can't get over how nice the weather was! I keep thinking that I am enjoying my last day of nice weather, but then Adelaide just keeps on bringing it! I am not complaining! It was so relaxing to sit and watch the paddle boats, talking with Soph and sipping on a vanilla-malt milkshake- YUM.
That weekend was a big one for me, which is good because it will be the last one like it in a while! It is now only 7 weeks until I go to Europe and I need to get into serious saving mode, as well as focus on my health! So even though I didn't get any granny time in this weekend, there will be an abundance of it to come as I stay home to save money and prevent hung-over feasts like the one I had yesterday! It hardcore healthy gal for now on! Even if Easter is about to start...mmm chocolate! Maybe not so hardcore...
Even though some pretty cool stuff happened this weekend, I can honestly say that spending time with this lovely little Sophie-Lady was the best part. Since being back in Australia, I have been so busy with work and study and whatever else, and so has she. Even though we see each other at least once a week, it was good to take time out with just the two of us and really catch up. It reminded me of why she is one of my favourite people in the world and why we are still such good friends after all these years. The milkshakes may have made it extra special... :)







No comments:
Post a Comment