Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I wish I could grow octopus arms


Today is Thursday and Thursday is always ‘Uni day,’ appropriately labeled because I am always at Uni from 9am- 6pm on Thursdays. I love Uni day for a couple of different reasons...



 The first is that I really love my subjects at the moment and my tutors are really lovely- the kind of teachers that are approachable and fun and actually make you want to be in class. One of my tutors, especially, is a really good teacher. Today he said something that really struck me as a good life perspective. He said to us: 'Nothing is ever boring for those who choose to take an interest.' I thought that was really cool because it is a down to earth way of saying that life is something we should be passionate about living- taking interest in everything and anything, rather than just existing from day to day. Anyway, I just wanted to mention him because he is such a good teacher, one of those teachers who is really passionate and animated about the subject they are teaching- if end up choosing the teaching path (which I more than likely will) I want to be a teacher like that.


Apart from the fact that I actually like studying (yes, you read correctly), I also love Uni day because it means that I can wear whatever I want! My work does not have a uniform, but I do have a set of work clothes that I wear just about every day now. So Uni day is the one day of the working week where I can have a little bit of fun with what I wear and look nice for a change! Looking through some of my favourite vintage blogs lately has inspired me to put more effort into this. It is a nice feeling to dress up and look snazzy for the day...and in some weird way is a good motivation to go into uni and study!

This snuggly jumper is another recent Op Shop find. It is a little cutie with its sweetheart design across
the front. It is lined with tiny pearl beading (which you can't see in this photo). This teamed with red lippy
and a library setting full of books (ohhh I love the smell of books!) and I am a happy little student!


Besides those two reasons, I actually love Thursday Uni days for a lot of other reasons. I think because I have not been at my home campus for such a long time now (I did my second year in the Gold Coast and the first semester of my third year in the UK), I have such an appreciation for the campus. It is such a pretty place with its big gumtrees and the little creek that runs through it. I also enjoy living the student lifestyle for one day of the week and find myself actually looking forward to studying full time again in the future. 



I had another reason to dress up and get all trendy this week (and it did not involve study motivation, and wasn't even on a Thursday- so that's different!). I had a Skype interview for a position that I am REALLY hoping I get! Of course, I will be posting more about that it if I do...
IF (fingers crossed) I do get the job, I am going to have to start being even MORE of an compulsive list writer if I am to juggle my little bundle of priorities. With study, work, (insert name of new position here), socialising, fitness and all my many creative projects, I am going to grow octopus arms! In saying that...I feel that I need a new work space! I love my room, but I am getting sick of the purple walls in there. Plus I have been looking at some interior design blogs and these pics have me all inspired. Next pay day I am buying a bucket of white paint!


I love white walls with bright furniture and stationary...

(http://www.designsponge.com/2014/03/a-parisian-apartment-full-of-light-and-pattern.html) 

I want some old vintage suitcases!!!

(http://www.designsponge.com/page/7)

So next week, after the weekend (which is going to be a big one, I might add!) I need to really focus on all my goals. It will be only 7 weeks until I leave for my little romantic holiday (yay!) and before then I need to have all my assignments done, save as much money as possible, stay focused on my fitness/health regime and hopefully score that position! Sounds good to me!


My health regime has been a little bit off track this week due to having a sore throat (and also a few chocolate overloads) but next week I will be right back into it! Green smoothies galore! Shouldn't be hard with all this Kale Mum is growing in our backyard! Woo!



1 comment: